The first installment of property taxes is due by January 31 and payable to the Town of Garden Valley Treasurer, Betty Janke. The second installment is due by July 31 and is payable to the Jackson County Treasurer. The address for the County Treasurer is:
Betty Janke - Clerk/Treasurer
W14010 Janke Rd
Hixton WI 54635
Important Tax Bill Reminders
- Send only the appropriate payment stub with your payment. Do not send the entire bill. No receipts will be mailed unless you send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment. You can check your taxes and print a copy of your bill or payment history by going to www.co.jackson.wi.us and select tax information & mapping on the right side. Once in the site, you can search by name, address or parcel number. You may also pay your second installment taxes online at www.co.jackson.wi.us.
- Reminders will be sent for the second installment. SECOND installment checks should be made payable to and sent to Jackson County Treasurer at Jackson County Court House, 307 Main, Black River Falls, WI 54615 with appropriate stub.
- Check your bills for the lottery credit. You must have been the owner AND the occupant of the property on January 1 of this tax year to qualify for the lottery credit.
- Dog licenses and kennel licenses expire on December 31st of each year. Make sure you get your dogs licensed right away to avoid late fees.
- Charge for NSF checks is $30 per occurrence.